Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby Shower Gifts Mama's Don't Think to Register For

Becoming a mother has given me perspective. I used to think I was a great baby shower gift giver. Now that the tables have turned I am not so sure I was that good at it. Baby registries are great. They help ensure that you get the things you want in the colors that you want, but there are some things that mama's just don't think to ask for or even know they will need. Here are some suggestions of gifts that were given to me that were awesome or that I will be sure to give when my friends have babies.

Breast Care Items for the Nursing Mother

Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads: These are a dream when sore nipples become an issue. They  are provide cooling comfort and they help stop the friction of fabric on your nipples. You can even put them in the fridge for extra cooling relief. 

Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads - 1 pair
Nuk Reusable Nursing Pads: These are wonderful because they do not have the plastic backs that allow moisture to build us and grow bacteria and yeast. You can also machine wash them in hot water with bleach to get them extra clean. They are thin but effective. 
NUK Reusable Nursing Pads, 6 Pack

Palmer's Nursing Butter: This nipple cream is amazing and it is inexpensive. It is also safe for baby so you don't have to worry about washing it off before feeding. 
Palmers Palmers Nursing Butter Tube - 1.1 oz

Misc. Items

Mesh Lingerie Wash Bag: I know you are wondering why would I suggest this? She just had a baby there will be no lingerie wearing anytime soon! Get your head out of the gutter this is not for lingerie. It is for all those little baby socks, little baby mittens, reusable nursing pads, and even little hats that will get lost in the laundry and eaten by the dryer! You might have to put a note on it so that she knows what it is for because she will most like not think of this herself... 
Honey-Can-Do LBG-01145 Lingerie Wash Bag, White
Button Down the Front or Wrap in the front Night Shirt: This was a suggestion that was given to me by a good friend right before I had my son. A button down night shirt (or wrap front) is great for when you are in the hospital. You will not want to wear the hospital gown if you can help it and you won't want anything on your waist right after the baby is born. If the new mama is planning on nursing it is easy to open up to nurse and it will serve her well all through her nursing experience. A nice touch to this gift would be to add matching slippers and robe. 

         


Cotton Yoga Pants: This seems like an odd gift I know but if mama had a c-section, yoga pants are going to be the only thing that feels comfortable. When I first got out of the hospital I didn't have any pants that I could wear. My maternity pants were too big and falling off and my pre-pregnancy pants were too tight! I went to Old Navy and asked the sales for show me all the elastic waist pants in the store. When I explained that I had just had a c-section she was suggested yoga pants...she was an angle! I suggest cotton yoga pants over Lycra because they are not as form fitting and are a little more comfortable for lounging in. 

Product Details


Netflix or Blockbuster Total Access Gift Certificate: This is a great gift to give because new mother's spend a lot of time at home and cable T.V. can get very boring rather quickly. She will be too tired to read, and to overwhelmed to go to the video store. This will give her a chance to catch up on all the latest movies and be entertained at the same time.







1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Such an amazing baby shower gift ideas. I really liked them. Have to attend my cousin’s baby shower at one of San Francisco venues. So will take ideas from this post to get a best gift for her. Just want to have something fantastic for her.

    ReplyDelete